Now onto my tip for this week.
It's all about...COLOR!
I've discovered this awesome online tool where you can build your own color palette from a photo, or even just with a color-wheel tool.
It's called "Photocapa" from ColourLovers.com.
I'll give you a brief overview of how it works, but make sure to head over there, sign up (it's free!) and play around a bit!
1. You have to sign up in order to save your palettes for future access. It's easy and free.
2. I chose to pick my colors from photos I had; here's a (brief) tutorial on how to do that.
a) go to this link: ColourLovers Color Palette software
b) select "From a Photo" in the grey box.
c) Click on the "Photos" tab on the right side of the black window. Enter the image URL or Flikr URL for your photo, and click "Load Photo"
d) Your photo then loads and this screen appears:
yellow below). As you finish with one color, click on the palette box adjacent to start with your next color until all of your palette positions are filled (see outlined in red box below).
Here are some color schemes I came up with myself for inspiration of my upcoming bee, Simply Solids:
- Post a tip, trick or tutorial on your website or blog
- Grab a "Tips & Tricks" button from my blog in the right sidebar -->
- Post said button in your tricks post, and link back to my blog
- At the bottom of this post, click the "link up" button and follow the directions...let the party begin!
- If you have a chance, pop by the other fellow blogger linker-uppers at the bottom of this post and share some love!