This is a way for all of us to discover new and up and coming blogs and bloggers, and to make new 'virtual' friends!
So this is how it works.
If I choose to receive the award, which I have!, I have to answer some "get-to-know-you" questions that Nerissa has asked of me. Then, I nominate 11 of my favorite 'little' blogs, and ask them to answer 11 of my questions - and they link back to me.
1. Thank and link back up to the one that nominated you (Me).
2. Answer 11 question asked to you by me.
3. Tell us 11 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers
5. Ask them 11 questions.
Here's what Nerissa wanted to know about me:
1. What's your favourite day of the week?
My favorite day of the week...Thursdays. That's the day my hubby takes the baby, and I get to sew all day!
2. What would you be doing right now if you weren't responding to this?
Sewing. Cleaning. Cooking. Pick one. :)
3. What's your favourite crafting or sewing tool?
My MACHINE. Man, I love that machine!
4. How many posts to you write a week?
I try and have a post a day; they say that you should post at least 5 times a week to keep your readers interested.
5. What made you start a blog?
Something to do; I'd blogged about other more serious things before, and since I have some downtime at night when the babe goes to bed, I thought, hey, why not keep track of all of my quilting shenanigans?
6. What skill would you like to have or learn that you don't have right now?
Bag making. But it scares me :)
7. What's your favourite thing to shop for?
FABRIC. Any time, any day...
8. Link or post a picture of a handbag you have been lusting for
LOL.... Not exactly a handbag, but a bag of sorts....
.... a travel bag for my sewing machine....
9. What's your favourite vacation spot?
The Bahamas. < sigh >
10. Do you play a musical instrument?
Yes! I do! The clarinet. Although I haven't picked one up in about...15 years...
11. What's your favourite chip/crisp flavour?
Oooh...Walker's Bacon & Cheddar...and if I can't get them, Lay's BLT.
So, now 11 things about me.
- I'm a Canadian living (legally!) in the USA.
- I'm an x-ray tech by trade.
- Before going into x-ray, I managed veterinary hospitals.
- I have A LOT of letters behind my name...so many that my parents are wondering why I'm spending all of my time sewing, and not getting a high-paying job...
- I come from a 100% Irish family; I was first generation Canadian.
- I'm pretty funny. Not peculiar, more 'ha ha'. Or at least that's what people tell me.
- I love my baby and husband more than anything in this world.
- Before I started quilting, I did a lot of garment sewing, on this old hand-me-down Brother Pacesetter my mum bought in 1975.
- Other than me, no one else in my family sews. My grandma used to make my mum's suits for work years and years ago, but that's it.
- I have a fabric addiction. Nothing that would require treatment...yet...
- When I was little, my mum thought that putting me in every type of lesson imaginable was a good thing - because "that's what all of the other Canadian kids are doing!" (come on, mum! CURLING?! Who the heck puts their kids into CURLING LESSONS?!)
Now, here are the 11 bloggers I've nominated to receive this award - please, head over and visit their blogs! They are awesome people with great quilty things to say:
- Linh @ Elvy Crafts - she's got a gorgeous Etsy shop and longarming capabilities! (and, she's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet!)
- Stacey @ The Tilted Quilt - she's just started up a Hexagon bee that of course, I just had to join!
- Rachel @ Sew Happily Ever After - not only does she quilt, she makes gorgeous little dresses for her beautiful baby Reagan!
- Jaclyn @ Jaclyn Quilts - her quilts are so gorgeous, you should check them out - and her baby is so pinchably CUTE!!
- Anna @ Life Sew Crafty - check out her underwater quilt - it's totally awesome!
- Karen @ The Recipe Bunny - VERY cool quilter - her Mario quilt is stunning...
- Kara @ me and elna - well, her blog is like eye-candy, let alone her mad sewing & decorating skills!
- Clumsy Chord @ WIP Girl - because I can relate!! Check out her recent projects - WOW!
- Adrianne @ On the Windy Side - one of the nicest people I've met online, and her blog and sewing is gorgeous - check out her finished projects. GORGEOUS.
- Ange @ The Heart of Charnwood - Again, another gorgeous lady with a heart of gold, and an Etsy shop! Check her out (I love her Union Flag bag and the tumbler quilt!)
- Amira @ Sewing Under the Little Mushroom Cap - ok, so I cheated on this one - she has 213 followers, but I couldn't help it. Her blog is *amazing* and her work is even more so...she is SO talented, I had to share this gorgeous girl's blog when I found it on a recent blog hop...so, head over there!
And now, for those people I've nominated, if you choose to accept this award, please answer the following questions for me!
- What's your favorite movie?
- Tell me something about the town you grew up in.
- Where do you think you got your "quilty" or "crafty" gene?
- If you had to pick a movie star who's most similar to you (in any way), who would it be (and post a picture, please!)
- What is your most favorite quilt block you've ever made?
- Do you have a name for your sewing machine?
- How many sewing machines do you own (and what brand(s) are they)? (and if you have a picture of "Betty" or "Violet", please, post!)
- What kind of space do you create in (i.e. a spare room, the dining room, the basement, a closet) do tell!
- What does your significant other think about your crafty ways?
- Have you ever participated in an online/virtual Bee? Which one(s)?
- If you had to pick one word to describe you, what would it be?
Thank you again to Nerissa for nominating me. This button will look nice in my sidebar!