I absolutely love each and every comment I receive, and I'm so happy to answer questions as they come up!
Ok, I don't love the spam (insert crude action here) and (selling italian villas), etc. Those I could do without, but I hate the word verification, so I've turned that off.
This post is about being a 'no-reply blogger'.
When you leave a comment on someone's blog, that person gets an email alert with your posted comment.
When you're a no-reply blogger and you leave a comment or a question on someone's blog, we get the email, but we can't reply to your lovely comment because your email is hidden from us.
This is how to fix that. (Edited to add an additional starting step - Feb 1, 2013) It should be noted that I'm using the newer version of Blogger.com...
1. Go to: http://www.blogger.com/home
(This is the new "Dashboard"; you don't have to be in this screen, if you have the new blogger interface running you should see Step 2. in the top right of almost every window)
2. In Blogger, click the drop down beside your username in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Click "Edit Profile"
5. Make sure the box "show my email address" is checked.
6. Scroll to the bottom and "Save Profile".
7. To check to see whether you are no longer a no-reply blogger, repeat steps 1, 2, and 3. Now, you should see right under your profile picture:
That's it! Easy peasy, lemon-squeezey :) Now you'll get lovely responses to your lovely comments!
I should note this: when I made the switch to Google +, for some reason, I was switched to being a no-reply blogger and, despite all my searching, couldn't change it.
This lovely lady here has a great tip for those whom are running Google+ and are no-reply bloggers. As soon as I reverted back to Blogger Profile, I could edit my email status no problem.
I hope this helps everyone!